Tambli or Tambuli is buttermilk or curd based side dish served with hot steam rice. During sunny afternoons, it is one of the best side dish to be served with rice and you can feel the cooling effect on your body or stomach. If you adjust the salt and thickness, then you can drink as it is. You can prepare different tambli’s like ginger tambli, fenugreek seeds tambli, onion tambli, brahmi tambli, gooseberry tambli etc. and many more. Raw ingredients are used in most of the recipes except some like fenugreek seeds. Fenugreek seeds are roasted and then used in the recipe. Actual recipe calls for the use of grated coconut and green chilly. If you want you can avoid them and you can use only coriander seeds, curd / buttermilk and salt. It is most comfort dish during the summer days. Here is how to make it.
You might also like
- Coriander seeds - 2 Spoons
- Curd / buttermilk - 2 cups
- Grated coconut - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Green chilly - 1 or 2 (according to taste)
- Cooking oil
- Mustard seeds - ½ spoon
- Byadagi chilly - 1or 2 Nos
- · Curry leaves – 1 spring
- In a mixer jar grind the coriander seeds with grated coconut, green chilly and little water until smooth paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Add buttermilk / curd to the ground paste. Adjust the thickness by adding required amount of water. Mix well.
- If you are using curd, then beat it properly before adding it to the ground paste.
- Add salt according to taste. Mix well.
- Take a seasoning pan, heat the oil add mustard seeds, broken byadagi chilly.
- Once the mustard seeds start spluttering add curry leaves. Switch of the flame.
- Transfer the seasoning to the bowl.
- Serve with hot steam rice or boiled rice.