Ladoo is an Indian sweet which is prepared using flour, sugar and they are shaped into small balls. My mom makes some utterly delicious Kesar Malai Ladoo and Churme ke Ladoo! However, while visiting us, this time, she surprised me by making Sweet Potato Ladoo. I liked them so much that I made them once again, using her trademark recipe and they turned out to be just like hers! Sweet Potato is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, copper and vitamin B6. It also full of dietary fiber, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorous. Therefore, it is really healthy to eat Sweet Potato Ladoo. Like me, you may even add some grated coconut, cardamom powder and dry fruits such as almonds, cashews, raisins to grant a beautiful texture to Sweet Potato Ladoo. Though it can be eaten as a dessert, they can be served during tea-time or supper as well. So, take out some time and make this healthy sweet as soon as you can with the help of this step-by-step guide:
Sweet Potato Ladoo
- Sweet potato - 2 cups ( Boiled and mashed )
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Grated dry coconut - 3 tbsp and 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Almonds & Cashews – 2 tbsp (coarsely crushed)
- Raisins – 10 to 15
- Ghee – ¼ Cup
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes and sauté for 12-15 mins on medium heat.
- Add grated coconut, green cardamom powder, almonds & cashews, raisins and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture comes together as a single mass.
- When the mixture is still warm, shape them into small balls.
- Put grated coconut in a plate and roll the balls over it.
- Place them in the fridge for 10-15 mins and serve.