Prawns are one of the favourite sea foods at my home, especially the fried ones. Spicy Prawn Fry is my Mom’s super recipe. It has a distinct and delicious flavour which can instantly make one fall in love with this delicacy. The prawns are just perfectly cooked which enhances the overall temptation quotient of this dish. Spicy Prawn Fry can be relished as an accompaniment with rice or can be had during starters as well.
Here’s how to prepare Spicy Prawn Fry:
Spicy Prawn Fry
- Prawns (cleaned) – 200 g
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1½ tsp
- Salt – as required
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Onion (finely chopped) – ½
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Fennel seeds (crushed) – 1½ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Marinate the cleaned prawns with turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and ginger garlic paste.
- Refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion lightly. 1 minute will do.
- Next add the marinated prawns and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add little water and cook with lid on for about 5 minutes.
- Now remove the lid and let all the water evaporate, and let the prawns fry nicely.
- Turn the sides and see to that it doesn't get burnt. Add little oil if required.
- minutes before putting off the flame, add the crushed fennel seeds and mix well.
- Serve hot.