At my home, sooji or semolina is used a lot for making Corn Upma and even Sooji Uttapams. For breakfasts or for supper, these two sooji based dishes work wonders for me. But, my sunny boy always needs to be tricked, and to do the same, I prepared Sooji Bombs last week. Don’t worry, Sooji Bombs are really easy to make and there is nothing to panic while making them at home, ha! Very quick to roll up, Sooji Bombs are made using onions, chilli powder, kasuri methi, paneer, cheese and sooji. Coated with bread cups, these Sooji Bombs are then fried till they turn golden brown and served with tangy chutney or ketchup as my kiddo insists! How to make these yummy munchies? Note down its recipe:
- Sooji ( semolina ) - 1 cup
- Onion - ½ cup ( finely chopped )
- Cottage cheese ( paneer) - ¼ cup ( Grated )
- Processed cheese - 1 cube ( Grated )
- Bread crumbs - ½ cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Take oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Add onions after a few seconds.
- When the onion becomes transparent, add red chilli powder, kasuri methi, salt and mix it.
- Then add sooji in it and cook for 2 to 3 min.
- Add paneer and cheese into it and then add ½ cup milk and ½ cup water and cover it with lid for 2 min.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Make small balls from the mixture.
- Dip them in milk ( ½ cup left ) and then roll in bread crumbs and fry it till golden brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.