Along with making the dishes of world cuisines, I focus equally on making regional recipes of India as well. Sindhi recipes have started making me curious as well since the day I prepared Varo and to try out a savoury Sindhi dish, I made delicious Sindhi Vegetable Kadhi. Sindhi Vegetable Kadhi is basically a motley of mixed vegetables which are beautifully cooked with masalas and thickened with gram flour. As veggies and rice taste finger-licking, you can definitely serve Sindhi Vegetable Kadhi with a plateful of warm rice but I am not at all saying that it doesn’t taste good with phulkas or rotis.
So, suit yourselves, but relish Sindhi Vegetable Kadhi without a doubt during a congenial family meal. Following is its recipe:
Sindhi Vegetable Kadhi
- Gram flour - ½ cup
- Potato - 1 cup ( Peeled and cubed )
- Cauliflower - 1 cup ( Cut into small florets )
- Lady’s finger - 8-10 ( Cut into small pieces )
- Cluster beans - 10-12 ( Cut into small pieces )
- Black eyed beans - ½ cup ( Soaked in water )
- Curry leaves - 10-12
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Green chilli - 2 tsp ( Chopped )
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
- Kokum - 4-5
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add oil into it.
- When the oil is heated, add green chilli, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds into it.
- Let the seeds crackle and then add gram flour into it and stir continuously.
- Stir the flour till it changes it’s color and aroma arises.
- Then add around 1 litre water into it and salt.
- After adding water add turmeric powder and ½ of red chilli powder.
- Add all the vegetables except lady’s finger.
- Stir continuously unless it boils once.
- After it make a boil put the gas on low and let it boil till the vegetables and beans are cooked.
- When you see the vegetables are cooked add kokum and tamarind into it.
- Let it boil for 5 to 10 min again.
- Lastly add lady’s finger and switch off the gas.
- Now take a small sauce pan and add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- When the oil is hot, put the curry leaves and remaining red chilli powder into it and immediately put it into the Kadhi.
- Serve it with rice
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.