When it comes to making cakes or bakes which are healthier, I am always game! And beetroot has always been an ingredient that I can look up to for salubrious recipes. As I have made both savoury and sweet dishes using beetroots such as Beetroot Halwa and Beetroot Hummus, making a Savoury Beetroot Muffin was not a dish that would disappoint me! Though muffins are usually sweet but making them peppery and flavourful seemed damn interesting!
The usual recipe for making muffins is followed for Savoury Beetroot Muffin as well. Beetroot juice, all-purpose flour, fennel powder, and pepper powder make a delish treat of Savoury Beetroot Muffin in a superb way! These savoury muffins could be served for breakfast or one could even eat them for supper as they are quite salutary. So, note my quick recipe for making yummy Savoury Beetroot Muffin and give a surprise to your loved ones by making a savoury muffin this time!
Savoury Beetroot Muffin
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Beetroot juice - 3 tbsp
- Egg - 1
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp
- Butter - 1 and ½ tbsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder - ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Pass dry items like all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda through a sieve.
- Cream butter in a bowl.
- Add broken egg to it and beat again for 2 mins.
- Add curd and beat again to mix it well.
- Add beetroot juice and mix well.
- Now, fold dry ingredients into it with a spatula.
- Add salt, pepper and fennel powder and mix well.
- Now bake for 15-20 mins until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with savoury hung curd icing or cream cheese icing.