Falooda can be considered as a complete dessert. It has a wide spectrum of flavours and textures within. With the added goodness of basil seeds, fruits and nuts, falooda stands first among the fruit based desserts. And this Royal Mango falooda is a must have this mango season as it is loaded with mangoes in all forms- puree, custard/ice cream, cut pieces. Here is how to make this easy yet delicious dish.
Royal Mango Falooda
- Milk – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – ½ cup
- Mango (diced) – ½ cup
- Mango (pureed) – ½ cup
- Mango custard/ Mango icecream – 1 cup
- Vermicelli – ½ cup
- Basil seeds – 1 tsp
- Water – ⅔ cup
- Jelly (any flavour) – 1 cup
- Diced fruits (Kiwi, cherries, pomegranate) – ¾ cup
- Dry fruits (Almond, cashew, pista, raisin) – ¼ cup
- First soak the basil seeds in ⅔ cup of water. It will bloom and increase in volume.
- Next, prepare the jelly as per the directions given in the packet.
- Now boil milk. Add in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Add mango puree to it and mix.
- Now add the vermicelli and allow to cook completely. Once done, allow it to cool, and then refrigerate.
- Now arrange falooda in a serving glass. First scoop out some jelly and add to the bottom.
- Next add the dry fruits and diced mango pieces.
- Top it with little soaked basil seeds.
- Now add in the cooked vermicelli.
- Next in layer comes the mango ice cream or you may even add mango custard.
- Now top with basil seeds, diced mango and other fruits.
- Garnish with dry fruits and cherries.
- Enjoy your chilled and refreshing mango falooda!!
You might also like