I like making paneer at home instead of buying the readymade one because when I prepare it at home, it turns creamier, tastier and whiter. I use this homemade paneer for making various sabzis and of course starters such as Achari Paneer Tikka as well. This time, I thought of making Red Wine Paneer Tikka and experiment with two completely concepts! Luckily, like most of my experiments, Red Wine Paneer Tikka came out nice and edible. Red Wine Paneer Tikka is a different version of Paneer Tikka that one must make if one feels like trying something new and delightful. I loved the blend of spices, red wine and its soothing coating around tender paneer pieces. Following is its step-by-step recipe which I am sure would help you to make this amazing snack without any confusion:
Red Wine Paneer Tikka
- Paneer - 200 g
- Green chilli paste - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric - ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Red wine - 5 tbsp plus 5 tbsp
- Curd - ½ cup
- Olive oil – 6-7 tbsp
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Chess – 2 cubes
- First cut the paneer into medium size cubes.
- Take a big bowl and add 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt, green chilli paste, curd, turmeric, 5 tbsp red wine and paneer cubes.
- Marinate this mixture for 1 hour.
- Keep a frying pan on heat.
- Add 5-6 tbsp of olive oil in the pan.
- Add garlic and cook till garlic turns slightly brown.
- Add marinated paneer into the pan.
- Let it fry until paneer turn brownish in colour.
- Before switching of the stove , put the flame on and add 5 tbsp of red wine and leave for 2 seconds Finally sprinkle black pepper powder and switch of the flame.
- Last but not least, grate cheese on top and serve hot with tea .
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.