Raw Mango and Onion Chutney….I know there are lots of varieties of chutneys made from raw mango, and this is my recipe using onion and other spices which enhance the taste. This chutney can stay up to a month if kept in the airtight jar in the refrigerator and so, we can enjoy even after the mango season ends ! Use this with Hot rice, chapathi or even as a spread on bread ! Here is the recipe.
Raw Mango and Onion Chutney
- Medium sized sour raw mangoes cut into small cubes - 2
- Chopped onions equal to the amount of mango chunks
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
- A pinch of Hing
- Grated jaggery - 1 cup
- Kashimiri red chilli powder - 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 and ½ cup
- Take a heavy bottomed kadhai and heat two tsp of oil on medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add hing and fenugreek seeds.
- Let mustard turn little brown and then add onions and keep stirring till onions turn translucent. Add turmeric powder and sauté.
- Then add mango pieces and keep stirring for two minutes.
- Then add salt to taste and mix well.
- Stir for two minutes and then add jaggery.
- Mix well and keep stirring on a low flame without adding any water till the end.
- When you see mango pieces all mashed up and well cooked switch off the flame and take out kadhai from the stove.
- In another pan heat remaining oil till it warms up and switch off the flame.
- Add red chilli powder, mix well and pour over the chutney.
- Mix properly and let it cool down.
- Fill in the airtight jar, and use as required.
You might also like