Potato with Creamy Coconut Gravy…Most of us love to eat potatoes. Whenever I don’t have anything in my fridge, I will try to make something with potato. This recipe is a result of such kind of experiments. Most of the time we have coconut at our house. I have added coconut paste in this recipe, which makes it more yummy. If you are not a potato lovers also, I can assure you after trying this you will fall in love with potatoes. Here is how to make this.
Potato with Creamy Coconut Gravy
- Boiled potato - 500gm
- Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Dried red chilli - 3
- Slices of coconut - 6 pieces
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- In a cooker boil the potatoes and keep it ready.
- Pressure cook for 2 whistle, leave it to simmer for 5 min.
- Take oil in a pan.
- Heat oil. Add salt and turmeric pw.
- Add the potatoes, fry till they are golden brown color.
- In a bowl take ginger, coconut, dried red chillies, salt and grind it to a thick paste.
- Add this paste to the remaining oil along with the bay leaf.
- When oil gets separated from the Masala, add Curd into it.
- Fry for 3-4 min. Add potatoes. Mix it well. Fry the potatoes with the gravy. Pour 1 cup of water. Cover it. Let it be cooked for another 5 min.
- Garnish with grated coconut. Now your Potato with Creamy Coconut is ready to eat.
You might also like