Salads are a rare treat at our home because my in-laws don’t like them. But I make sure to include it in our diet as much as possible. Recently, I tried a salad with Pomegranate and Kiwi and it was unbelievably delicious. I wished I would have prepared a bit more ! For the crunch, I added some roasted pumpkin seeds, cabbage and cucumbers as well. For the dressing, I used the flavours of garlic, pepper, lemon juice, honey mixed with olive oil. Since lettuce was not available, I used some crisp cabbage leaves for making Pomegranate Kiwi Salad. For me, nothing can be more refreshing than a bowl of salad. It makes me feel guilt free. Enjoy the flavours of this homely salad for tomorrow’s breakfast. Here is the recipe for Pomegranate Kiwi Salad
Pomegranate Kiwi Salad
- Kiwi diced - ¾ cup
- Pomegranate Kernels - ½ cup
- Mango - ½ cup ( Diced )
- Lettuce - ½ cup ( Chopped )
- Cucumbers - ¼ cup ( Diced )
- Roasted pumpkin seeds - ¼ cup
- Garlic - ½ tsp ( Chopped )
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 3 tsp
- Prepare the dressing by mixing garlic, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper powder and chilli flakes and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add kiwi, pomegranate, cucumber, pumpkin seeds and cabbage in a bowl.
- Make sure the fruits and veggies are chilled.
- Pour the dressing over the fruits and mix well.
- Serve immediately.