Poached Egg Curry…This is an easy recipe that I learnt from my Mom, as a beginner. When you have unexpected guests for lunch, this dish, along with some ghee rice, could be your saviour. It is a very quick and simple recipe with all the ingredients being readily available at home. Here is how to make it.
Poached Egg Curry
- Eggs - 3
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - ¾ tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 and ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Crushed fennel/ Fennel powder (saunf) - ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 1½ cups
- Sugar - a pinch (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onions and saute.
- When onion turns soft and light pink, add ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next add chopped tomatoes and saute until tender.
- Add curry leaves.
- Now reduce flame and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, saunf powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Next, add water to this mixture, increase the flame and let it boil.
- At this stage you may add sugar to balance the overall flavour.
- Once it boils, break one egg at a time into this boiling mixture. Do not stir. And let it cook covered on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Your spicy egg curry is ready to be served with hot ghee rice or chapathi.
You might also like