Crispy Till Chikki is the best example of a healthy sweet. Though Chikki is mostly prepared during Makarsakranti, I think it would be really awesome to serve it during Diwali as well so that it can be eaten without any inhibitions. Peanut Sesame Jaggery Chikki is one of the types of chikki made with the goodness of jaggery, peanuts and sesame seeds. It has this heavenly crunch that refreshes your senses with every bite of it plus it even energizes you. Unlike the other desserts, Peanut Sesame Jaggery Chikki is super simple to prepare as well.
Here’s how to quickly make Peanut Sesame Jaggery Chikki without any extra hustle or preparations:
Peanut Sesame Jaggery Chikki
- Jaggery - 2 cups ( Grated )
- Peanuts - 1 and ¼ cup ( Roasted and skin removed )
- Sesame seeds - ¼ cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Dry roast sesame seeds.
- Take a pan put jaggery in it.
- When the jaggery starts dissolving add 2 tbsp oil in it.
- After about 7 to 8 min, put a drop of jaggery in a bowl with little water in it.
- Take out the jaggery from water once it is set.
- See properly if the drop of jaggery crackles when broken.
- If it crackles, the jaggery is ready for putting the peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Add the peanuts and sesame seeds in jaggery.
- Mix as quick you can.
- Grease a flat surface and rolling pin ( grease before doing the whole procedure ).
- Take out the jaggery mixture on a greased platform
- Roll the jaggery mixture evenly from all sides.
- Cut into rectangles.
- Let it set and then break into rectangles.
- Store in a an airtight container for upto 15 days.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.