Potato and Cheese Balls, Corn and Cheese Balls are quite quick to make snacks if guests visit you unannounced or when you feel like eating something warm with your cup of beverage. On the similar lines, if you have some mashed paneer stocked up at your home then you can easily come up with Paneer Balls as well. Paneer Balls are tender, flavourful munchies rolled up from potatoes, moolah of paneer and spices. They have an adequate crunch and tempting softness. For making this, even my kiddo helped me, as its recipe is pretty simple plus you it can be pulled off within no time!
So, be it for tea time or for a homely get together, make this snack and let your loved ones experience some more magic of your culinary skills. Here’s how to make these.
- Paneer – 200 g ( Mashed )
- Boiled potatoes – ½ cup ( Mashed )
- Coriander leaves – 1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves – 1tbsp (finely chopped)
- Crushed pepper - 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes – 1tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1tbsp
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Cornflour – ½ cup
- Refined oil – for deep frying
- Salt – to taste .
- Mix potato and paneer along with chopped coriander and mint leaves, chilli flakes, tomato sauce, crushed black pepper and salt .
- Mix to make a smooth mixture.
- Make round balls from the mixture.
- Make a batter with cornflour, salt, black pepper and water.
- The batter should be slightly thin in consistency.
- Dip the paneer balls in cornflour batter and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Keep the paneer balls aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
- Now fry the paneer balls in oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.