One of the must try dishes when mangoes are in season is mango mousse. It’s easy and tastes delicious. I gave a little twist to the traditional mango mousse, it’s a cross between mango trifle and mango cheesecake, and mango mousse. Here is how to make No Bake Mango Mousse with Biscuit Base.
No Bake Mango Mousse with Biscuit Base
- Graham crackers – 1 packet
- Melted butter – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Alphonso Mangoes – 2 + 1 large
- Gelatin – 1 tbsp
- Warm water – ¼ cup
- Heavy cream/whipping cream – 300 ml
- Fine sugar/castor sugar – ½ cup
- Break the crackers, add them to a blender. Blend the crackers along with melted butter and pulse until a smooth mix is formed.
- Press biscuit mixture into bottom of tart pan, evenly across entire bottom and up part of the sides. Refrigerate it until use.
- Peel and chop 1 mango. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Put the gelatin in water, mix well. Microwave for 10-20 sec until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the dissolved gelatin to the mango mix and blend for 30 secs. Keep aside.
- Whisk the cream and castor sugar, until it forms soft peaks. Add the mango mixture to a bowl and fold the mixture gently until it’s mixed well and no cream/ mango streaks are seen.
- For the mango topping, carefully remove the skin of 2 mangoes, make two large slices as close to the pit as possible. Then cut very thin mango slices.
- Add mango mousse to the center of the crust and then begin to spread out evenly across surface, leaving a small perimeter around the crust untouched by mango mousse.
- Line the perimeter of the crust with mango slices, letting the edges slightly overlap so that the slices stand up and stay curved. Then start on your next row of mangoes, placing mango slices in the spots in between two mango slices from the previous outer row. The overlapping pattern is what will make the rose pattern.
- For the center you can either just roll up a mango slice and form the center of a rose or place some fresh fruits and mint leaves are garnish.
- Refrigerate it for 1-2 hours. cut them into slices and serve over a dollop of whipped cream or as it is! ENJOY!
You might also like