Khoya Gulab Jamun is absolutely decadent and can be served for Diwali to make the festivities memorable but the only issue is that it requires preparation and time. To save myself from that front, I recently started making Milk Powder Gulab Jamun which almost taste like the regular Khoya Gulab Jamun that we all eat. Simply crafted using milk powder, maida, ghee and oozing syrup, Milk Powder Gulab Jamun has super softness and that syrupy texture makes them completely drool-worthy, ladies!
With all the ingredients in place, preparing Milk Powder Gulab Jamun is definitely not going to be tedious this festive season. So, roll up your sleeves, and let the making of Milk Powder Gulab Jamun begin!
Milk Powder Gulab Jamun
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Maida - 3 tbsp
- Melted Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Ghee or oil for frying
- For sugar syrup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- water - 1 and ½ cup
- Cardamom - 3-4
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding water, sugar & cardamom in a pan.
- Cook until the syrup is of one string consistency.
- Mix milk powder, maida, ghee & soda in a bowl.
- Rub it softly with hands.
- Mix little water and make soft dough.
- Make balls of dough with soft hands.
- Fry the balls in hot oil or ghee on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove them on paper for absorbing extra ghee.
- Dip the balls in sugar syrup.
- Gulab Jamun are ready to eat.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.