Mango and thandai both are summer treats. Holi festival is incomplete without thandai and what if we add king of fruits to it. Rich thandai becomes fruity and delicious . Not only festivals, you can enjoy it during whole summer. It is so healthy, full of calcium rich ingredients. All nuts are so good for us. Adding mango to it totally changes its texture and flavour and makes it even more healthier. My husband and daughter can’t even wait for me to pour them into glasses and do presentation. They want to gulp it as soon as it is ready. Now you can also enjoy this. Here is how to make Mango Thandai.
- Milk - ½ litre
- Saffron - 10 strands
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Dried Rose petals -4
- Cashew Nuts - 6-7
- Almonds - 5
- Pista -7
- Melon seeds -2 tsp
- Poppy seeds -1 tsp
- Mango pulp - ½ cup
- Sugar - 3-4 tbsp
- Soak cashew, almonds, pista and poppy seeds in warm water
- Grind with some water into smooth paste along with rose petals.
- Boil milk in a pan.Add sugar and saffron strands to it.
- Once boil comes simmer it and by constant stirring reduce it to almost half of the original quantity.
- Add nuts paste along with cardamom powder and pepper powder to it.
- Stir it continuously without lump formation.
- Bring it to boil and then switch off the flame.
- Once it cools slightly mix the mango puree.
- Refrigerate it and serve chilled.
- Enjoy your mango Thandai garnished with dry fruits and saffron.
You might also like
This recipe is in collaboration with Tecnora