Mango is not only the king of fruits but it is also the most preferred and widely eaten in whole world. Besides its variety and gorgeous flavour, mango is a good source of vitamin A and C which are beneficial for our eyesight and healthy teeth. Besides this mango has keratenoids which keep our hormonal and immune system in good state. Last but not the least eating mangoes also takes care of your healthy and clear skin. Mango tart is a mouth watering and eye soothing dessert for parties or your every day meals. It consists of a crusty base which is filled with mango cream and garnished with mango rose. Here is how to make it.
- For short crust pastry:
- Plain flour - 100 g
- Butter - 50 g
- Ice water - 1 tbsp
- Pinch of baking powder
- Castor sugar - 1 tbsp
- For filling
- Cream cheese - 2 tbsp
- Whipped cream - 1 tbsp
- Mango puree - 1 tbsp
- For garnish
- Mango - 1
- Handful of Pomegranate kernels
- For the short crust pastry:
- Blend together flour and butter and sugar until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Remove into a big bowl and add baking powder, then add ice water until dough holds together.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for half hour before rolling.
- Take out the dough, roll it and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place in tart moulds and bake in preheated oven at 200 °for 15 minutes.
- For the filling:
- Beat together cream cheese, whipped cream and mango puree.
- Fill it in the tarts and garnish with mango rose and pomegranate kernels and enjoy.
You might also like