One day I was craving for something sweet and as mangoes are in season now days, made this Mango Kalakand. Making Kalakand means loads of time consumption but this is quick and tastiest sweet I have ever tried. Kalakand is a popular Pakistani and Indian sweet made out of solidified, sweetened milk and cottage cheese.The dish is originated in Alwar”Rajasthan. So here goes the recipe.
- Mango pulp - 2 whole mangoes
- Cottage cheese - 175 grams (crumbled)
- Condensed milk - half tin (you can use as per your taste buds)
- Green Ilachi (cardomom) - 3 to 4 pieces(crushed)
- Dry coconut strands for garnishing
- First take a wok and add mango pulp in it.
- Stir it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now add condensed milk in it and mix well on medium flame.
- Now add crumbled cottage cheese in the mixture.
- Stir the mixture slowly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When you will find the mixture starts getting little dry and got mixed up properly, switch off the flame.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Now take a tray or a flat plate and grease it with little oil and pour the mixture in the tray.
- Pat it with a flat spatula or spoon.
- Then take green ilaichi crush it and sprinkle in on the kalakand.
- Again with a flat spoon press it gently.
- Keep in fridge for 2 to 3 hours to get it set.
- Take it out after 2 hours and cut it into your desired shape and sprinkle coconut strands to garnish.
- Enjoy your healthy and tasty Mango Kalakand.
You might also like
This recipe is in association with Tecnora