Mango Ginger Iced Tea….I am a winter/fall girl- ANY DAY. I would rather be bundled up and drink non-stop hot coffee than dream about beaches in sandals. I have to admit one thing here though, you really won’t feel like sipping on espresso in dry California summer. You would definitely need to chill with a nice iced tea or some summery cocktails. I got a bag full of not-so-sweet ripe mangoes from Whole Foods and thought of making a pitcher of Mango Iced Tea. Just the thought of sitting on my swing in my backyard, sipping on Iced Mango Ginger Tea, facing the expansive golf course, was a cool thought indeed.
I want to call out Neha Mathur from Whisk Affair. Her older post on mango tea encouraged me to make my version of this recipe. Here is how I made it.
Mango Ginger Iced Tea
- Water - 8 cups
- Ginger crushed - ½ inch
- Green/Black tea bags - 3 (Use loose tea if you don't have tea bags. I used green tea bags)
- Mango pureed - 1 cup
- Sugar/Honey - 3 tbsp (I used Mountain Forest Raw Honey)
- Mint for garnishing
- Bring water to a boil with ginger in it.
- Steep black/green tea for 10 minutes then strain.
- Allow to cool.
- Add Mango puree and honey/sugar to cooled tea, mix well.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of fresh mint.
You might also like