Pithas are very common in Odisha. And during the festive season, these are the must. Among the long list of pithas , Podo Pitha is specially made during Raja Celebration which occurs in the month of June. Similarly, Enduri Pitha which is another traditional Odiya delicacy . This particular pithas are steamed using turmeric leaves or banana leaves. I have taken this traditional dish a level up by infusing fresh Mango in it and made Mango Enduri Pitha instead! The result is really delicious with fresh, creamy pulp of mango oozing out in every bite.
Mango Enduri Pitha just like Mango Sandesh has a pleasing taste and you can definitely make it any time of the year if you have mango puree stored up. So, hurry up, prepare this delicious sweet soon:
Mango Enduri Pitha
- Rice flour - 4 cups
- Mango puree - 2 cups
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds - 2 tsp
- Grated fresh coconut - 1 cup
- Banana leaves
- Mix rice flour, mango pulp, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Keep this mixture for fermentation for at least 4 hours.
- Add sugar to this batter if you want more sweetness.
- Once the mixture is fermented, add grated coconut, fennel seeds and mix well.
- Cut banana leaves into rectangular sizes (more to 8*10 inch size).
- Take one sheet and put ¼ tsp ghee and spread well with finger tips.
- Take 4 to 5 tbsp batter and place in the middle.
- Add few mango slices in the centre on top of batter and fold the leaf at center .
- In a steamer, cook it for around 10 minute.
- Let it cool a bit and serve hot or cold.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.