Whenever it rains and the climate turns all beautiful, one cannot help but feel tempted to relish something piping hot! While my favourites are a cup of Adrak Wali Chai with Babycorn Fritters or Sabudana Vada, I do get this urge to try out something new! On a recommendation of a friend, I gave a try to Kerala Banana Fritters. Kerala Banana Fritters have a crunchy coat because of getting dipped in maida, rice flour, and its interior is soft, gooey! If guests come at your home unannounced, serve them Kerala Banana Fritters or treat your sweet family with them, these munchies will surely tickle your taste buds. Read its recipe:
Kerala Banana Fritters
- Kerala Banana - 2 ( If Kaerala banana are not available, use any other Bananas )
- Maida - 1 and ½ cups
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds ( white / black) - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Yellow food color - ¼ tsp
- Sugar -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil for deep frying
- Cut bananas lengthwise into 3 parts and if you wish cut again from middle as well.
- Make a batter with maida, rice flour, water, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and turmeric powder.
- Make a dosa batter consistency batter.
- Batter should nicely coat the bananas.
- Heat oil in a kadai and when it gets hot, dip bananas one by one in the batter and drop in the hot oil.
- Fry it in hot oil on medium heat till golden brown and crispy.
- Remove it to an absorbent paper.
- Enjoy these fritters with a hot cup of tea.