Kacha Golla is one of those sweets that is presented to the Goddess during the Durga Pujo. Kacha Golla is a succulent dessert made from cottage cheese, sugar, pistachios, and ghee. If you like nibbling Kesari Sandesh then you are sure to love Kacha Golla as well. Tender, melt-in-mouth, Kacha Golla has a refreshing creaminess that makes you feel all good after eating it. Moreover, as it is made from milk, it is filled with nutrition as well that not only nourishes your kids but it even attracts them.
Trust me when I say that this sweet is pretty simple make. Without any adieu, note down its recipe on the go:
- Fresh chenna / cottage cheese – 2 cups
- Sugar – 75 g
- Green cardamom powder - 1tsp
- Pistachio – few for garnishing
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mash chenna with your palm to make a smooth texture.
- Make a fine powder with granulated sugar.
- Mix together chenna and powdered sugar.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add chenna mixture.
- Stir continuously on a medium flame for 8 to 9 minutes.
- When moisture dries up, add green cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on low flame .
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Smear little ghee in your palm and make round balls.
- Place them in paper cups.
- Garnish with pistachios.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.