Jackfruit Cutlets…I had some Jack fruit left after making sabzi out of it. So, there came an idea to make cutlet out of it and it turned out to be delicious. I never expected jack fruit will taste so good even in snacks like cutlet. Friends, you must definitely try it at least once. It tastes different and yummy. I made hung curd and tomato sauce dip with some pepper which was a perfect accompaniment for the cutlets. You can even serve it for parties. Here is the recipe for cutlets.
- Boiled jackfruit - 1and ½ cup
- Fried potato cubes - 1 cup
- Chopped onion - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies chopped - 1 tsp
- Chopped ginger - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seed powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Cornflour - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Bread Crumbs for coating
- Oil - deep fry + 1 tbsp
- Combine the fried potatoes and jackfruit and mash well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, green chillies and ginger and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the potato in jack fruit mixture.
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and shape them into cutlets. Keep aside.
- Mix the cornflour in ½ cup water to make a smooth thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, dip the cutlets into the cornflour and roll them in breadcrumbs so that they are evenly coated from all the sides and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on to an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.
You might also like