Gobhi ki Jalebi tastes superb but what to do when you are running tight on time? Well, then you can make Instant Jalebi instead! Just like fast food, we have even made our desserts instant and that too for good. Instant Jalebi is a syrupy, crunchy pretzel-like, spiral dessert made from maida, curd, cardamom powder. It has a mind-blowing crunch and a flavourful syrup coat which grants it added taste! Instant Jalebi can be served along with Rabdi as well or you can even savour them warm for desserts. And with Dussehra coming up, Instant Jalebi can be even enjoyed with Fafda!
Without any adieu, sit back, note down this recipe of Instant Jalebi and relish these yummy lil desserts soon:
- All purpose flour ( maida ) - 1 cup
- Curd - ⅓ cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Orange colour - a pinch
- Water - ½ to ¾ cup
- For sugar syrup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - ¾ cup
- Kesar - 8-10 strands
- Rose water - ½ tsp
- For sugar syrup
- Mix all the ingredients and boil it on medium flame about 5 to 6 min unless u can create one string in between ur fingers ( ek taar ki chachni )
- Keep aside
- For Jalebi
- Sieve baking powder and all purpose flour.
- Add all the remaining ingredients one by one.
- Mix properly but make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- The batter should be thick.
- Take a utensil used for making jalebi or u can take an icing bag with nozzle having small mouth.
- Make sure the mouth of the piping bag must be small.
- Fill the batter in the piping bag.
- Take a flat bottom vessel.
- Fill oil ( mostly it is preferable to use desi ghee but it is upto your wish ).
- Now slowly make round shape in the oil with the batter.
- Fry on a medium flame till it is crispy.
- Immediately put it into sugar syrup.
- Take out in 2 min.
- Garnish with silver foil or dry fruits.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.