Honey Chilli Potato…It was a rare, chilly evening in Hyderabad (I am a South Bangalorean and followed my husband to Hyderabad for 2 years in 2013, when my husband’s work took him there) when my neighbour told me this recipe. She had made this for her restless and hungry 4 year old son and said it can be done in 10 mins – that got my interest ! So I tried it that evening and we enjoyed this hot, crispy, yummy Chinese-sorta dish on a chilly Hyderabadi evening ! Here is how to make it.
You might also like
Honey Chilli Potato
- Potatoes - 4 (medium sized)
- Capsicum - 2 (green and red was my choice)
- Spring Onions - handful
- Maida - 2 tablespoon
- Corn flour - 2 tablespoon
- Chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil to fry potatoes
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 spoon
- Salt to taste
- Chilli sauce - 1 tablespoons
- Soya sauce - 1 spoon
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds - half spoon
- Peel and cut potatoes into wedges (slightly thick ones).
- Mix corn flour or maida with salt and chilli powder and coat the potato wedges with the dry mix (no need to make paste)
- Deep fry the potatoes until crisp.
- In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add ginger-garlic paste, cut capsicum and spring onions and saute for a few minutes (keep them crunchy - you can add more vegetables or multi-colored capsicum to make it more fun).
- Add salt, chilli sauce, soya sauce and honey and saute.
- Mix the fried potatoes wedges, sprinkle few sesame seeds on top and serve hot !