We don’t need a definition,the name Gulab Jamun itself has its own identity. It is one of the most favorite sweet or dessert item for most of us and it is very easy to make at home. Here is how to make it.
- Khoya/mava - 250 g
- Maida/all purpose floor - 3 tbsp
- Sugar for syrup
- Oil for frying.
- Take the khoya and mix to make it soft.
- Use your palm to soften it.
- Do this process for several time.
- Then add 3 tbsp all purpose flour (maida) in it.
- Mix it well with khoya and knead till you feel the mixture is soft and smooth.
- To make it more soft you can add two tea spoon milk and then knead it again.
- Make small size balls with no cracks.Try to make balls with your palm.
- Deep fry the balls in oil.
- I prefer gulab jamun little dark in colour.
- You can fry as per your choice.
- Fry them on medium heat.
- And keep it aside.
- Take another pan to make sugar syrup.
- For gulab jamun syrup should be thick.
- Now add these fried balls in syrup.
- Keep it for half and hour and cover the pan with lid.
- Here you go,your gulab jamun is ready to serve.
You might also like