Desserts are always welcomed by us on all occasions but usually Payasam or Gulab Jamun is served. Don’t we need a change? But still, we don’t completely want to go international, right? We want an Indian touch always! Inspired by this thinking I made Gulab Jamun Mousse for some friends of my husband last week. When yummy chocolate combines with delicious gulab jamuns, I must tell you it’s a deadly combination. You will ask more and more. Kids are going to ask you daily to make it. Serve your guests this dessert and I’m sure it will be your day full of praise and appreciations. I used home made jamuns here. You can use, store bought jamuns also. So, here is the recipe for making Gulab Jamun Mousse and you could even try Thandai Shahi Tukra someday:
Gulab Jamun Mousse
- Small Gulab jamun - 12
- Fresh cream - ½ cup
- Milk chocolate/ white chocolate chopped - 1 cup
- Whipped cream - 1 cup
- Cashew nuts chopped - ⅛ cup
- Heat cream in a pan. don't boil it.
- Switch off the stove and add it to the chopped chocalate.
- Stir it continuously till all the chocolate melts.
- Now, strain the mixture.
- Slowly fold whipped cream into it.
- Do not over mix as whipped cream can melt. Just fold lightly and mix it.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Now, take gulab jamuns and plate two of them in the bottom of a short glass or bowl.
- Top it up with some moouse.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and gulab jamun pieces.
- Chill it till the moouse is completely set.
- Serve it.