Chikki is made during Makarsankranti in India. However, as it is prepared using healthy ingredients like sesame, peanuts, dry fruits you can make it as a healthy dessert or sweet that you or your kiddo can munch on anytime! Crispy Til Chikki is till date made in everyone’s home, but have ever tried making Dry Fruits Chikki, friends? Dry Fruits Chikki is an amazing sweet made using chopped dry fruits, sugar, poppy seeds and dash of lemon juice. If someone is too lazy to nibble dry fruits every day then Dry Fruits Chikki provides a sweet reason to eat more of them!
Dry Fruits Chikki is quite simply made by stirring dissolved sugar, dry fruits, poppy seeds on a low flame. Crisp and flavourful, Dry Fruits Chikki will also look good on your Diwali Platter of Sweets. Follow this simple recipe and make it without any hassles and serve this treat for the festival of lights without fail:
Dry Fruits Chikki
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Chopped dry fruits - 1 cup ( I used a mix of almonds, Pistachios, Cashew nuts and peanuts )
- Poppy seeds - ¼ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Take a pan and put sugar in it.
- Stir it continuously on low flame till the sugar dissolve.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved, put lemon juice in it.
- Stir for just 1 or 2 seconds and put the dry fruits and poppy seeds immediately in it.
- Mix the dissolved sugar, dry fruits and poppy seeds ( be quick in this process ).
- Grease a flat surface and a rolling pin with oil.
- Put the mixture on the greased surface and roll it with rolling pin.
- Cut into small pieces immediately.
- Your CHIKKI is ready.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.