Chinese have always been my favorite since college, especially eating has always been a heavenly experience for me. Any birthday party, marriages or get together I used to look for noodles in the menu. After eating different versions of noodles outside I figured that Chilli Garlic Noodles are my favorite. So whenever I make Chinese at home, Chilli Garlic Noodles has to be there on the menu. Making Chilli Garlic Noodles is pretty simple for me as I always have the chili garlic paste ready in my fridge. The other ingredients are also readily available in the pantry, so this dish comes out very handy for me. Here is how to make my version of Chilli Garlic Noodles, you could also make Vegetable in Chinese Chilli Garlic Sauce and eat it with these yummy noodles:
Chilli Garlic Noodles
- 1) Chings Hakka noodles - 2 packs (you can use any noodles of your choice)
- 2) 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 3) ½ cup sliced carrots
- 4) ½ cup sliced bell peppers
- 5) ½ cup spring onions
- 6) 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 7) 1 tbsp vinegar
- 8) 1 tbsp green chili sauce
- 9) 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 10) 3 tbsp oil
- 11) Salt to taste
- 12) Chilli garlic paste 2 tbsp (to make chilli> garlic paste ,take equal amount of garlic and red chilli ,sauté them in oil and grind it to a coarse paste )
- ) Boil 1.5 liters of water and add the noodles in it along with salt and some drops of oil. Let the noodles cook till al Dante. (Like 90 % cooked)
- ) Once the noodles are cooked strain the water and put the strainer under running regular water. This stops further cooking process of noodles and avoid the sticky texture.
- ) Heat oil in a pan and add all the veggies one by one and stir them without closing the lid. Add salt and cook the vegetables till they are 80 percent cooked. Little uncooked vegetables tastes nice and crisp in the noodles
- ) Once the vegetables are cooked add all the sauces and add the chilli garlic paste. Mix everything well
- ) Now add the noodles and mix everything well on high flame with the help of a fork and spatula. The sauces and veggies should coat the noodles well.
- ) Check the spice level and add salt or any other sauce as per your taste. Garnish the noodles with spring onions green and serve them with manchurian or just as is.