Preparing Potato and Cheese Balls for a snack is really fun as they are super yummy and quick to roll. But, I have always felt like adding something more to this snack, so this time, with few beetroot available at my home, I decided on making Cheesy Potato Beetroot Ball. Beetroot, as you all know, is quite nutritious, and by adding it to various dishes, you get a chance to turn any dish healthier. Cheesy Potato Beetroot Ball has a pleasing colour of beetroot, tenderness of potatoes and yumminess of cheese which makes it perfect to be served for a quick munch. You could relish these yummies with your choice of chutney or ketchup along with tea! What say? When are you making Cheesy Potato Beetroot Ball?
Cheesy Potato Beetroot Ball
- Boiled potato - 1 and ½ cup ( Grated )
- Beetroot - ¼ cup ( Grated )
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs - 2 tbsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Green chilli - 1 tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cornflakes - 4 tbsp ( Roughly ground in a blender )
- Processed cheese - 10-12 small cubes
- Mix all the ingredients except cornflakes and cheese.
- Take a small portion in hand.
- Put a piece of cheese in between and roll it like cylinder or round (any shape u want ).
- Coat it with cornflakes and deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve with chutney or sauce.
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.