Tikkis form an essential part of the North Indian cuisine. Having stayed for many years in North India, I love to relish and prepare various types of tikkis. While Kacche Kele Ki Tikki is close to my heart, Channa Dal Tikki has started becoming my obsession as well. Simply crafted from boiled channa dal, potatoes, loads of spices, Channa Dal Tikki is both tender and tasty. To keep things in check, I fried my Tikki in olive oil instead of the usual one.
Channa Dal Tikki can be served for breakfast, starters or tea time snacks. But, I even eat them with some hummus or wrap them with tons of veggies and rotis. Amazingly simple to make and palatable like hell, make Channa Dal Tikki and create fond memories.
Channa Dal Tikki
- Boiled potato - ½ cup ( Grated )
- Boiled chana dal - 1 cup
- Onion - ½ cup ( Finely chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Green chilli - ½ tsp ( Chopped )
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- Coarsely grind chana dal.
- In bowl, add ground channa dal and add mashed boiled potato.
- Mix it well and then add rest of the ingredients like onion, salt, black pepper, green chilies, and red chilli powder.
- Take some dal mixture in hand and make small tikki.
- On non-stick tawa, shallow fry Channa Dal Tikkis and serve hot with mint chutney and tomato ketchup
This recipe is a part of WATeaTimeSnacks recipe contest in collaboration with Typhoo Tea.