Chaat Matar is a very popular north indian snack, and can be made as an every day snack or as a part of the Chaat spread along with other Chaat items like Pani Puri, Dahi Bhalla etc. Here is how we make this delicious Chaat at home.
- Dry yello matar - 2 cups ,soaked in water overnight with little salt and ¼ tsp baking powder
- Tamarind chuteny - 3 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Black salt - 1 tsp
- Salt - up to taste
- Chopped green coriander - ½ cup
- Chopped onion - ½ cup
- Chopped green chilli - 2
- Drain the water from the matar and add it in a pressure cooker.
- Boil matar with 3 to 4 cup water in a cooker for 6 to 8 minutes until soft.
- In a bowl, mix boiled matar with the remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve