Brinjal Onion Curry…Brinjal is our family’s favorite vegetable. There are many different ways in which we prepare them. But this is one of the best recipes. It has sweetness of onions, tanginess of tamarind and soft whole brinjals which are super delicious with rice/ roti. Here is how to make it.
Brinjal Onion Curry
- Brinjals - 8 (pick even sized small brinjals)
- Onions - 4-5
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal - mixed 1 tbsp for tempering
- Curry leaves - 10
- Make a paste of onions, red chilli powder and salt.
- Split the brinjals into four vertically and rub in some salt.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Add the tempering ingredients and Curry leaves.
- Then add the brinjals and fry. Cover and let the brinjals cook.
- Then add the onion and tamarind paste and mix well.
- Add some water and cook until the raw smell of onions goes.
- Check salt.
- Put into a serving dish and serve hot with chapathi/ rice.
- I have taken green brinjals for the recipe. You can use purple ones also. But they need to be tender freshly picked ones.
You might also like