Breakfast Oats Bowl…Breakfast is the most important meal of your day and it keeps you going for the full day. With increasing sedentary lifestyle it’s important to start your day with right kind of meal. One of the dangers of sedentary lifestyle is rise in bad cholesterol called as LDL. Soluble fibres have proven to cut down on bad cholesterol. Oats is one of the healthiest grain available these days. To have Oats in everyday diet one has to be innovative with the recipes. This is when I thought to invent healthy Oat bowl. This healthy oat bowl is combination of fibre which comes from Oat and milk which is rich in Calcium. I added lot of fresh fruits and dry fruits to make up for daily fruit intake. Here is how to make a breakfast oats bowl.
Breakfast Oats Bowl
- Oats- ½ cup (I use quaker oats )
- Milk - 1 cup
- Seasonal Fruits of your choice (I used one big banana,1/2 apple, few grapes ,few pomegranate seeds)
- Dry fruits of your choice (I used 6 almonds, around 5 walnuts and some raisins )
- Mix oats with milk and boil it in low heat for about 5 minutes or till the oats are cooked.
- If the mixture becomes thick and some more milk.
- Cut all the fruits and dry fruits of your choice into small pieces and keep it ready.
- Once the oats and milk mixture cools down add all the fruits and dry fruits, keep it in fridge for sometime.
- Once cooled, it is ready to serve.
- Notes : You can boil the oats in water in case you are lactose intolerant.