Bhetki Paturi is one of the fish delicacies from Bengal that is cooked using banana leaves. The dish may sound difficult to make and time taking, but actually it is not! Just as Aloo Posto, Bhetki Paturi could be prepared whenever you feel like treating your family with a tempting Bengali meal. It has this typical and titillating flavour which makes it a must try for all the foodies who love feasting on fish as well. So, ladies, do note down its recipe:
- Bhetki fish fillet (Barramudi) - 400 gm
- Banana leaves - cut into strips
- Mustard paste
- Slited green chillies
- Mustard oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish fillet with mustard paste, salt, turmeric, slitted green chillies and mustard oil.
- Wrap each fish fillet in banana leaves and tie with the thread.
- Deep fry the wrapped fish in mustard oil.
- Serve the wrapped fish with steamed rice.