Mostly for dinner, I prefer making one pot meals or something quick yet scrumptious. And Mushroom and Spring Onion Pulao or Matar Pulao are all time hits in my home! However, if you like the flavour of gobinda bhog rice, then you are sure to like the taste of Bengali Style Veg Pulao. Prepared by using dry fruits, exotic spices, veggies, and gobinda bhog rice, Bengali Style Veg Pulao has a beautiful taste! Last week, I relished Bengali Style Veg Pulao and trust me, I would like to make it again and again!
Bengali Style Veg Pulao can be eaten any potato sabzi of your choice or you could even relish it as it is! Here’s its recipe:
Bengali Style Veg Pulao
- Gobinda bhog Rice – 1 cup
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Cinnamon - 1” piece
- Green cardamom - 3
- Carrots – ½ cup (chopped)
- Peas – ½ cup
- Raisins- 1tbsp
- Cashew nut - 1tbsp
- Cloves- 3
- Green chillies - 2
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Wash and soak rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Strain rice and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds, cinnamon and green cardamom.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add vegetables, raisins and cashew nuts.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the strained rice and 2 cups of warm water.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover with a lid.
- Reduce the flame and cook on simmer till the rice is cooked.
- Transfer to a rice serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with baby potatoes or any preferred sabzi.
This recipe is a part of #WADiwali contest in association with Maharaja Whiteline.