The other day guests had arrived for lunch within short notice. I did not have much time to prepare traditional payasa/kheer for lunch. I did not feel like serving them an incomplete lunch without payasa / kheer. So, I thought of making American Sweet Corn and Carrot Kheer. I did have some doubts about the taste and flavour of American Sweet Corn and Carrot Kheer, but trust me it turned out perfect just like Badam Ki Kheer. Anyone who loves sweet corn will just fall in love with American Sweet Corn and Carrot Kheer. The combination of carrot and corn with milk gives such a wonderful color and flavour to this dessert. As it is really quick to make, prepare American Sweet Corn and Carrot Kheer whenever you have to make a dessert within short notice, read its recipe here:
American Sweet Corn and Carrot Kheer
- Grated carrot - 1 ½ Cups to 2 Cups
- Sweet corn - 1 Cup
- Sugar - Approximately 1 Cup (adjust according to your taste)
- Custard Powder - 3 Spoons
- Milk - 2 Cups
- Ghee - 3 Spoon
- Dry fruits of your choice
- Roast grated carrot and corn separately with little ghee for 2-3 minutes, to remove raw smell.
- Cook grated carrot and coconut with little water until corn and carrots are cooked properly.
- Add milk and sugar. Check for the thickness and sweetness. Add more milk / sugar if you want.
- In a separate cup add little milk and custard powder, mix well to form a paste. Add custard powder paste to the cooked carrot and corn mixture (step 3)
- Bring to boil.
- Take one tadka pan, heat ghee and add chopped dry fruits. Fry until they turn brownish. Add this to the kheer.
- Serve hot.