This recipe comes with a twist and makes a boring Parwal an interesting one. The tangy spicy touch in the dish makes the juicy parwal more interesting. This dish goes a good accompaniment for plain rice, dal rice or roti/phulka. A must try dish anytime you get fresh Parwal. Here is how to make Achaari Parwal Masala.
Achaari Parwal Masala
- Onion - 1 medium
- Tomato - 1 medium
- Parwal - 8 ( cut them to quarter)
- Potato - 1 medium ( peeled and cubed)
- Masala/paste from mango pickle - 1tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Sambhar powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste ( salt to be added a little less as pickle masala will have salt)
- Water - little to sprinkle over.
- Take a tsp of oil in a kadai and sautè parval until soft and juicy. Keep this aside.
- Take remaining oil in kadai and fry mustard, curry leaves until done.
- Add sliced onion and sautè for 2 mins. Add chopped tomato and cubed potato.
- Add little salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and sambar powder.
- Mix well and add some water. Cover and cook for 6 mins until potatoes are done.
- Add sauted parwal and mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Add pickle masala and cook for 1 min or until oil separates.
- Serve hot with rice/roti.
You might also like