Aam ka Chunda
- Mangoes- 1kg, grated (wash, wipe dry, peel and grate)
- Sugar -1kg
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt -1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Roasted cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Asafoetida - ½ tsp
- Place grated mangoes in a wide bottomed vessel, add turmeric powder, sugar and salt to it. Mix well and set it aside for half an hour.
- After half an hour. Tie a muslin cloth on the top of the vessel with a rim and place under the sunlight for a week.
- At the end of each day, bring it inside and stir it well. Stir it properly the next morning and place it under the sun again covering with a muslin cloth that is tied along the rim.
- Follow this process until the mixture reaches the double string consistency.
- Once the mixture reached the double string consistency, add red chilli powder. Roasted cumin seeds and asafoetida and mix well.
- Remove it in a sterilised glass bottle or jar. Keep it in a room temperature.
- It is now ready for consumption and can be preserved for a year.
You might also like